Architecture and Design Longreads
You might have come to know and love Dwell through the stunning modern homes featured throughout the magazine's 12-year history but interspersed between the interiors stories and idea books are informative pieces on design history and critical pieces on contemporary issues. Take a deeper dive into modernism in via this collection of essays.
@current / @total
- As the war-torn city of Kabul, Afghanistan, is transformed into a maze of blast walls, military checkpoints, and foreign bases, how might security architecture be changed to foster psychological…
- Meat houses, McMansions on wheels, and cars that kiss and hug might sound like ideas for an unpublished Dr.
- We've long championed home-grown talent, from furniture design to architecture.
- The metal exteriors of these buildings range from lightly oxidized to coated in rich red layers of rust.
- From an angled contemporary retreat in Martha's Vineyard to a German prefab metal castle, these five homes call attention to the exceptional beauty of angular architecture.
- As the weekend slowly draws to a near, we've gathered up five of our most clicked on homes on Dwell this week for your perusal.
- While the saying, "It's what's inside that counts" certainly rings true, the exterior matters just as much with these six homes garbed with striking facades. See Part One here.
- These five homes feature ecologically mindful landscape designs. Take a look for inspiration!