8 Ways to Make a Modern Vignette
You may have heard the maxim "God is in the details"—and it's especially true when it comes to arranging your stuff. (Remember: There's a difference between an artful display and a hoarder-style collection!) Here are eight rooms that do justice to the modern vignette.
@current / @total
- Jean-Christophe Aumas’ multihued Paris apartment houses both the highly sought artistic director and the stunning assemblage of furniture he’s brought back from his travels.
- We know you've been busy this week keeping up with New Year's resolutions and might have missed some great stories. Here, we've gathered up the top stories of the week in one convenient place.
- Danish designer Poul Henningsen had us at the Artichoke lamp, its 72 leaves bursting forth from it like fireworks.
- Seeking a modern shell for their mid-century pieces, a pair of collectors found a relatively untouched Eichler in San Rafael, California—and a built-in excuse to acquire more furniture.
- Editor-in-chief Sam Grawe offers his San Francisco apartment as a staging ground for a couple LivingColors lamps, and we asked associate photo editor Alexis Tjian to set up a few color-saturated…
- One of the highlights of my recent trip to Basel, Switzerland, was crossing the border to visit the Vitra campus in Weil-am-Rhein, Germany, about 25 minutes from Basel, and exploring the VitraHaus.
- On Wednesday April 25, 2012, Dwell Media celebrated its Light & Energy issue with a spectacular lighting exhibition and party held at Industria Superstudio.
- Poster art is often one of the most effective and affordable ways to inject creativity into a space. Following up on our roundup of graphic art, here are homes that master poster decorating.