8 Ways to Design with the Arco Lamp
Created in 1962 by Italian brothers Achille and Pier Giacomo Castiglioni for Flos, this iconic steel-and-marble lamp's design was based on the shape of a streetlight. A sturdy base anchors the form, while the graceful arch of the stainless-steel shade extends eight feet.
- We rounded up the essentials in this moody San Francisco living room so you can recreate the look in your home.
- Cozy up with modern fireplaces for all kinds of spaces.
- Over the years we have receive untold amounts of emails and letters requesting sources to purchase the amazing modern design seen in the pages of Dwell.
- Thanks to a contemporary interior that she’s been updating for a decade, modern architect Abigail Turin has learned to love her traditional 1925 San Francisco home.
- Dwell’s tips on painting a modern home: from the best environmentally friendly paint to rooms that use paint as a major design statement.
- Taking its cues from local barns and silos and the rolling Wisconsin terrain, the Field House is a kind of modern observatory for watching winter turn to spring and the great vault of the heavens.
- A renovated concrete abode in Belgium, Jonathan Adler's quirky Shelter Island beachside retreat, and a British farmhouse are just a few projects in our collection of living rooms that showcase the…