7 City Lofts We Love
- To maximize their small Warsaw loft, transatlantic designers Aleksander Novak-Zemplinski and Becky Nix handcrafted a fleet of double-duty furnishings.
- From a colorful renovation with mid-century roots to an industrial open-plan space, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in. Click here to see Part One and Two.
- One grand gesture is all it takes for a small space to make maximum impact, whether its high-powered wallpaper, a splurge-worthy piece of furniture, or a gutsy paint job, we share our favorite bold…
- Innovative residences in Poland prove that the only way to go is east.
- Flashback to the early 1900s: After trying to woo an opera singer, but having to abide by the strict moral code of a woman entering a man's bedroom, William Lawrence Murphy invented the Murphy Bed,…
- Tucked into corners or folded into walls, hideaway beds accommodate last minute guests and open up potentially cramped spaces.
- Interior and furniture designer Nick Dine—son of pop artist Jim Dine—has a love-hate relationship with his 2,000-square-foot Hudson Square condo loft.
- Wide open living space is hugely appealing, at least until you have to figure where to store your stuff, and how to separate the bedroom from the kitchen.