6 Homes Fit for Chefs
- From a single sheet to a shiny-metal extravaganza, stainless steel remains a very viable way of modernizing your kitchen. Here are 9 ways to incorporate the low-maintenance material.
- Designer John Picard isn’t afraid of getting his hands dirty in the kitchen, or washing the sand off his feet in the bathroom.
- A delicious slab of white Carrara marble, a couple of planks of plywood, and 20,000 Legos: These are among the inventive materials used for some of our favorite kitchen islands from the pages of…
- Countertops are an important part of a kitchen renovation, and they can be everything from earthy to space-age. Here are five Dwell favorites.
- From a custom, silvery Bulthaup to a "culinary cockpit" housed in a penthouse, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- When these full-time foodies renovated their Chicago condo, getting the kitchen right meant finding the right kitchen island.
Knobs continue to be the big issue with cooktops. Miele’s six-burner model offers the preferable control panel on the side—but who really needs six burners? We like that Miele offers a host of design options—from finishes to burner-grate styles (round or linear) to knob color—and the automatic reignition and shut-off ensures safety.