101 Bathrooms: Glass
- In 1937, as the modern movement in Europe faced the stifling rise of fascism, the leftist French Union des Artistes Modernes hosted a pavilion at the Paris World’s Fair that presented, among other…
- Long considered to be the standard bathroom material, ceramic is no longer boring. New shapes and colors help redefine what was once only basic bisque or beige.
- The same qualities that make plastic so prized by designers—malleability, translucency, vibrancy—also make for one-of-a-kind pieces to place in your bathroom
- Wood has been used for centuries to submerge bathing beauties, but most people still think of it only for cabinets, furniture, and floors.
- An easy conduit for hot and cold water alike, metal assumes a multiplicity of contemporary shapes, from globular showerheads to rectilinear radiators.
Renting versus buying. Prefab versus renovation. Kitchens, bathrooms, the home office, and more. Over the years, we've compiled hundreds of ideas for smart home design. Bookmark this page and visit often for loads of home design tips, inspiration, how to's, and solutions!
- Contemplating the proverbial "throne" the world over, Virginia Gardiner wonders why modernism hasn't caught on the to the john. Also bathroom swag on parade.
- I'll confess it now: I still buy and use all those household cleaning beasties that I know I shouldn't like Windex, Formula 409 and that scourge of bathtub rings, Soft Scrub.