10 Ways to Design With Purple
+ Read Article
We’d like to congratulate purple—or rather its more showy cousin, orchid—for regaining the spotlight after Pantone’s 2014 color of the year announcement. When it comes to designing with purple, the key is to proceed with caution. Here are 10 ways, Dwell style.
@current / @total
- From a renovated cottage in England to a family home in Brooklyn, these six modern homes make the last letter on the color wheel look regal by its creative insertions indoors and out.
- It’s been awhile since we last visited the City of Light, so here’s a jaunt to five modern abodes we adore.
- Can’t afford to drop $2 million on a Marc Newson Lockheed Lounge? Relax, for to follow is a study of rooms from the pages of Dwell that incorporate a range of designs by the modern industrial master.
- Modern furniture and architecture looks even richer when paired with a robust art collection. Look to these seven homes for how to create just the right synthesis.
- The new La Plage Casadelmar hotel in Corsica is inspired by the colors and textures of its waterfront setting.
- For most homeowners, the goal of renovating is to transform an existing space into an idealized domicile.
- Furnishing and decorating all at once can end up feeling cold and impersonal, but pieces gathered over time tell a much better story and allow a sense of you to shine through.
- The color pink is traditionally associated with many things, including love, luck, and good health; perhaps that's why these homeowners chose to include splashes of the color throughout their abodes.