San Diego, CA
- Architecture in San Diego—from newly built homes to modern classics like Kahn's Salk Institute—blends tradition and innovation in an exciting new way.
- This past Friday I was down in San Diego touring the city with architect Aaron Anderson of Studio Anderson.
- We're hitting the road and touring the best architecture and design in the U S of A.
- Cables and abutments went fancy for a distinct purpose: to convey passersby—not folks whizzing past on vehicles—with personality.
- We find the architects featured in Dwell to be incredibly inspiring, but who inspires them?
- Although at first glance San Diego is typically associated with beachside apartments and tile-roofed bungalows, it most definitely has a modern side.
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- Urban design, from zero-energy housing to micro-living, will be explored onstage during Dwell on Design in Los Angeles, taking place June 20-22. Click through the slideshow for what to expect.