San Diego, CA
- Cables and abutments went fancy for a distinct purpose: to convey passersby—not folks whizzing past on vehicles—with personality.
- We find the architects featured in Dwell to be incredibly inspiring, but who inspires them?
- We're hitting the road and touring the best architecture and design in the U S of A.
- Although at first glance San Diego is typically associated with beachside apartments and tile-roofed bungalows, it most definitely has a modern side.
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- This past Friday I was down in San Diego touring the city with architect Aaron Anderson of Studio Anderson.
- Last week I got a sneak preview of the Oakland Museum of California, a Kevin Roche-designed museum in Oakland that's set to reopen on Saturday, May 1st.
- Concrete: Franco-Swiss architect Le Corbusier utilized the material to build the famous Notre Dame du Haut in Ronchamp, France. The historic Tower Bridge in London contains over 70,000 tons of it.