The Real Chicago
- One of the oldest cities in the United States and home to the country’s first International Style skyscraper, Philadelphia is, unfortunately, now associated more with cheesesteaks and colonial…
- Skaters, bikers, and a park advocate are breaking new ground in Chicago's Grant Park.
- Though Los Angeles offers Lindsay Lohan sightings at Pinkberry and addresses on L.Ron Hubbard Way, Dwell explores a different side of the city with land use interpreter Matthew Coolidge.
- A new exhibit opened this weekend at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- David Schalliol’s photo project showcases the eerie beauty in Chicago's abandoned lots and standalone buildings.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, offers a dramatic natural setting, but as Omer Arbel shows us, there’s more to the city of glass than an immaculate reflection.
- Once ashamed of his lackluster Chicago abode, architect Brad Lynch tore it down and started over with a family home that’s part retreat and part public stage.
- In this special five-part series, we're riding along with SWA Group landscape designer Amirah Shahid as she cycles nearly 800 miles from Beijing to Shanghai.