- It must be the chill in the air that has us thinking of Norway—lovely, freezing Norway. Here are six modern houses that make the place look downright cozy.
- This week, Snøhetta principals Craig Dykers and Kjetil Thorsen visited the City by the Bay to hint at what's in store for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art expansion.
- As Jarmund/Vigsnæs’s growing crop of small, smart houses have garnered increasing attention, their equally prolific civic works have them poised to be Norway’s next big export.
- Take a photographic trek through cities like Melbourne, Australia; Istanbul, Turkey; Mumbai, India; Oslo, Norway; and more, in our anthology of must-stop destinations for the design-savvy traveler.
- Scandinavia's contribution to modern architecture and design is colossal, with Norway taking a critical role.
- The Dwell editors travel far and wide searching for the newest designs to bring into each issue. See our favorite spots and modern havens around the globe with our must-read city guides.
- The winning design for Norway’s July 22nd Memorial is one of many poignant architectural metaphors for loss. Here are nine more memorials that use modern architecture to pay respect.
The exhibition offers insights into the design and construction of the firm’s most important works, including the celebrated Bibliotheca Alexandrina in Alexandria, Egypt, the recently completed Norwegian National Opera and Ballet in Oslo, Norway, and the planned National September 11 Memorial Museum Pavilion in New York.