- Swiss brand Vitra announced today that it purchased Artek in a move to bring more global exposure to the iconic Finnish design house.
- Indulge in a bit of retail therapy via our gathering of five must-visit modern design shops around the world.
- Boldly declaring “One Chair Is Enough,” Artek, the Finnish company founded in part by legendary architect Alvar Aalto, today introduced a new product line, the 10-Unit System by Shigeru…
One of Alvar Aalto's Finnish fixtures for Artek, the on-the-smaller-size A338 will provide direct light from its offset opening in the painted steel shade.
- While most Dwell readers know Artek as the Finnish design company founded by Alvar and Aino Aalto, there's another Artek not too far away with a very different profile: a research and training branch…
- Design enthusiast and Alvar Aalto expert Juhani Lemmetti has transitioned his love of vintage Finnish furniture into a thriving furniture shop in Helsinki.
Artek's A110 pendant has been shining brightly since it was designed by Finnish founder Alvar Aalto in 1952. The lacquered aluminum lamp directs focused rays—like a spotlight for your coffee or dining room table—and is available in black or white. YLighting carries this, and the equally enduring A338.
- From Luis Barragán's Mexico City residence to the Alvar Aalto House in Helsinki, we share ten architects' dwellings that are now museums.