Eye on Buenos Aires
- Should your summer travels take you south of the border, we've rounded up all the architecture and design hotspots in this quintet of Latin American city guides.
- Named after its raw aesthetic, Brutalism in modern architecture features elements of strict linear design and repetitive geometric shapes.
- Derived from a descriptive term used by Le Corbusier, béton brut (raw concrete), Brutalist architecture is an offshoot of modernism that trades the spatial poetry of steel and glass for grounded,…
- A look at 17 of the longest, tallest, most artful bridges on the planet.
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.
- From Indonesia to Buenos Aires, wood is being worked into interiors and exteriors in breathtaking ways, take a look at how these five homes have made tasteful and unique statements with wood…
- Argentinean materials, a roiling economy, and a pinch of personal tumult served as the recipe for furniture designer Alejandro Sticotti’s Buenos Aires oasis.
- At their Buenos Aires shop, a couple reissues classic Argentine designs—and moves the regional furniture design field forward, one “simple object” at a time.