- The Dwell editors travel far and wide searching for the newest designs to bring into each issue. See our favorite spots and modern havens around the globe with our must-read city guides.
- Take a photographic trek through cities like Melbourne, Australia; Istanbul, Turkey; Mumbai, India; Oslo, Norway; and more, in our anthology of must-stop destinations for the design-savvy traveler.
Koolhaas HouseLife examines the daily life of one of the masterpieces of contemporary architecture of recent years: The House in Bordeaux, designed in 1998 by Rem Koolhaas / OMA. Unlike most movies about architecture, this feature focuses less on explaining the building and its virtuosity than on letting the viewer experience the daily intimacy of an architectural icon. (France, 2008, 58 min. French with English subtitles. Dirs: Ila Bêka and Louise Lemoine)
For the past decade we at Dwell have been ferreting out the best modern design wherever we can find it. And it should come as little surprise that we keep returning to a nation with a centuries-deep lineage of astounding material culture: la France. In honor of photographer Celine Clanet's amazing photo essay in our November 2011 issue depicting the astounding dams of the Savoy region, I've collected a handful of our best stories on French design over the last several years. From the furniture design of Inga Sempé to a masterpiece of rural prefab design by architect Jean-Baptiste Barache, we continue to tip our chapeaux to our amis across l'Atlantique.
- Washington, DC, is not all political wonks and Masonic conspiracies: It's also a highly walkable city, its diagonal avenues wide open to modern design.
Located in the Flatiron District of New York City, the 5,000-square-foot Dupont™ Corian® Studio was created to inspire and ignite interest in the imaginative applications of Corian® solid surfaces. Designed by New York–based Morris-Sato Studio, the space used cutting-edge lighting and sound technology to provide a full-sensory experience for designers and architects to experiment with Corian® surfaces. The first of its kind, this unique workshop has attracted renowned members of the architecture and design community.
Schedule an appointment now to visit the New York City studio and receive private consultation and project support!
- This week, we headed to the annual Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (more commonly referred to as KBIS, pronouced "k-biz") in Las Vegas, Nevada, to check in with favorite manufacturers and…
- Mason Florence, ex-rodeo rider, photo gallery director, and publisher of Bangkok 101, steers us through Thailand’s “Venice of the East.”