Suburban Sprawl Photographed from Above
- When an urban expat couple decided to build the suburban house they wanted rather than the one their neighbors expected, they ended up with a spare but airy jewel box and no wooden shingles.
- Set atop a 1908 warehouse in the Courtenay Precinct of Wellington, New Zealand, the three apartments by Architecture Workshop glow like lanterns at dusk, signaling a new day for this once-seedy…
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house with Tom Kundig of Olson…
- As previously looked at in Color Story: Orange, we take another glance at a selection of modern homes, which incorporate the inviting, warm, and eccentric color.
- In spaces small or large, an eat-in kitchen is a useful hub for singles and families alike. Here are 8 well-designed versions from the pages of Dwell.
- In Hong Kong, we had the opportunity to check out the new Upper House hotel.
- This Sunday, October 10, on the day that would have been architectural photographer Julius Shulman’s 100th birthday, the MAK Center for Art & Architecture at the Schindler House will hold…
- Diane Cheatham and Edward Baum team up to try to make the Dallas of their design dreams a reality.