Oro Editions's Stephan Jaklitsch: Habits, Patterns, Algorithms 1998-2008 is a massive tome chronicling the last ten years' work of architect and interior designer Stephan Jaklitsch. Jaklitsch has designed retail spaces for both Marc Jacobs and Marc by Marc Jacobs (the brand's down-market little brother) all over the world. Though we've seen the shops in LA and San Francisco, it was great to see how he's translated a design language across cities like Paris, Savannah, Hong Kong, and Taipei. The result is a compelling look at what an architect with a clear affinity for a brand can do when permitted to work across a myriad of spaces. Neither too same-y, nor all over the map, one wonders why more design-conscious retailers don't find an architect who works and stick with him.
Showing image @current of @total
- A recently released book from the Monacelli Press celebrates the connection between indoor and outdoor space in residential architecture.
- After visiting The Saguaro in Palm Springs during Modernism Week, we found ourselves hooked on the Stamberg Aferiat + Associates renovated hotel and wanted to see more from the duo behind it.
- The Conran Shop's new look for its reopened Marylebone store in London; plus, a chat with Terence Conran's son Jasper, recently anointed head of the company.
- “In a time of financial crisis, we must go back to timeless objects and rediscover the elegance of basics,” said designer Philippe Starck, right before his shopping spree through discount…
- Furnishing and decorating all at once can end up feeling cold and impersonal, but pieces gathered over time tell a much better story and allow a sense of you to shine through.
- We check out some of our favorite products from Labt, a furniture design studio in Ghent, Belgium.
- It’s been awhile since we last visited the City of Light, so here’s a jaunt to five modern abodes we adore.
- The Design Museum in London recently released its 90 nominations for the Designs of the Year across seven categories: architecture, digital, fashion, furniture, graphics, products, and…