The Small Stakes: Music Posters
Graphic design rarely gets better than when it's put to music and put through a screen. And few create concert posters better than Jason Munn. In a new release published this year by Chronicle Books titled The Small Stakes: Music Posters, over 150 of Munn's silk-screened prints (for musicians like Death Cab for Cutie, Beck, Andrew Bird, Spoon, the Pixies, and more) are reproduced in CKMY plus silver and gold inks. The weighty pages of non-wood paper bring the talent of the Oakland, California, artist (whose studio is called The Small Stakes) to the forefront and are nice enough to trim out and hang as mini prints themselves.
@current / @total
- Prolific Parisian design duo M/M (Paris) have released their long-awaited 528-paged monograph, M to M of M/M (Paris), today.
- Last year, the Victoria and Albert Museum dug into its archives of decorative textile patterns and published its first set of pattern books.
- In Philip Baxter Meggs' A History of Graphic Design, he states graphic design's "essence is to give order to information, form to ideas, expression and feeling to artifacts that document human…
- Jeannette Montgomery Barron found her way into some of the most socially renowned 1980's NYC underground artist culture and turned those infamous artists into her subjects.
- This weekend, a new show opened at the Denver Art Museum that celebrates the forward-looking mentality of modern design as well as the industrial works of Olivetti. What is Modern?
- This courtyard house on the edge of the Berkshires offers both grand vistas and plenty of privacy, thanks to its custom rain screen.
- From Stuttgart, Germany to Iwaki City, Japan, we take a look at 15 of the most extraordinarily-designed libraries.
The Big Bang Chandelier has a powerfully structural luminous body, characterized by a play of shadow and light. It provides an intense, vivid and direct light and an airy appearance. Available in white or in two-color version: white/red.