Nate Berkus's One Two Punch
Nate Berkus fans will have plenty to take in this month as the designer just released a book and a Target collaboration, both in stores now.
The Things That Matter is a collection of stories and photos from Berkus and others about their homes. Through anecdotes about "things" each has collected, Berkus's book shows how our residences and the objects with which we choose to fill them reveal who we are. The unique stories and personal insights paired with beautiful photography provide an intimate look into each life and home not found in your typical interiors book.
Having designed his pieces to convey the feeling of things that have been collected over time, Berkus is hopeful that some of the items in his Target collection will become "things that matter."
@current / @total
Dwell Executive Editor Amanda Dameron appeared on The Nate Berkus Show, November 3rd, to share modern design tips with Nate’s viewers. The show was devoted to our November Issue theme, Small Spaces. In this clip we help Nate renovate and re-imagine the 200 square foot dwelling of a young New York City transplant. The before and after is astonishing, validated by the young girl’s ecstatic response at the unveiling.
Dwell Executive Editor Amanda Dameron appeared on The Nate Berkus Show, November 3rd, to share modern design tips with Nate’s viewers. The show was devoted to our November Issue theme, Small Spaces. In this clip we take a tour of an innovative 650-square-foot apartment featured in our March 2011 Issue designed by Studio Garneau. The highlights? A hydraulic dinner table, custom murphy bed, and beautiful built-in compartments and secret hideaways.
- City Modern—Dwell and New York Magazine's collaborative week-long collection of talks, studio and home tours showcasing New York architecture and design—began Monday evening with the…
- LG Electronics partners with designer Nate Berkus to enhance its premium Studio line of kitchen appliances.
- Check out more designs by Marimekko designer Erja Hirvi who designed the winning pattern Lumimarja in the Dwell and Marimekko Contest!
- We tackle the bathroom in this installment of the Smart Storage Design series.
- Shelving often acts as a boring backdrop to the various vases, books, and knickknacks on display. Luckily, the U*Shelf's quirky tessellated forms are interesting enough to stand on their own.
- I spent last week in Los Angeles, exploring neighborhoods, poking around design shops, and hoping to finally understand how the various corners of the sprawling metropolis fit together.