Illustration Play 2
Berkeley–based publisher Gingko Press's latest offering is a whimsical celebration of illustrations that literally jump off the page using traditional crafts like quilling and papercutting. In Illustration Play 2: An Expedition to the Extraordinary (the sequel to Illustration Play: Craving for the Extraordinary), 24 artists are introduced with a first-person bio and a small blurb, which are followed by images of their work, including those that show the processes behind them.
@current / @total
- Illustrator Mike Perry has long been a favorite at Dwell (just take a glance at his long list of contributions to the magazine).
- I've long loved her New Yorker covers, and am still over the moon about the illustrated version of Strunk and White's classic The Elements of Style from 2005, so I leapt at the chance to meet…
- A new exhibit at the Museum of Arts & Design celebrates an enduring medium.
- Cape Town, South Africa-based typeface designer and artist Jordan Metcalf has a knack for creating puzzling, intricate algorithms in the form of typefaces.
- This past weekend marked the third 01SJ Biennial, held in San Jose, California.
- Feast your eyes on half a dozen of our favorite movers and shakers in the graphic design world after the jump.
- Plumb is a new line of notebooks designed and illustrated by contemporary artists.
- One of the perks of being a Dwell editor are the various fun surprises that appear in the mail—newly published books, the occasional small product, even the random staple gun (yes, really).