I Swear to Good You are God at This
Finding design inspiration online is as easy as pointing and clicking but there's something special about the feel of bound paper. Design and creative consulting company Holiday Matinee founder Dave Brown has penned a 72-page book, I Swear to Good You are God at This, as "an inspiring guide to being creative and making awesome."
@current / @total
- Dave Brown founded Holiday Matinee after agreeing to be the publicist for his friends in Jimmy Eat World--without even known what a publicist did.
Support the seamless union of doing good and looking good with this Words tee, part of the artist series started by champion-of-awesome-people-and-projects Dave Brown of Holiday Matinee. All proceeds for the shirt—which features an evocative succession of rhymes designed by artist Nikki Farquharson—benefit Plantit 2020, which plants and maintains 20 trees with every purchase.
- Cape Town, South Africa-based typeface designer and artist Jordan Metcalf has a knack for creating puzzling, intricate algorithms in the form of typefaces.
- We combed through our archives to present this pictorial ode to one of the most high-traffic spaces in the house—the bathroom.
- From girders to grating, steel has long been a popular, highly recyclable, and relatively inexpensive material for architects, designers, and builders.
- When Matthew Carter finished high school in England in the 1950s, he moved to the Netherlands for a year; he’s been working with typography ever since.
- London-based Russian graphic designer Sonya Dyakova is making us rethink the notion of judging a book by its cover.
- In our September 2013 issue, we profiled 18 of our favorite design bloggers, sharing their latest discoveries in furniture, graphic design, travel, architecture, and more.