Favorite Play! Spaces
We love to play and love places that celebrate our inner, creative, kidlike selves—we dedicated our July/August 2011 issue to the subjects of families, kids, and play after all. The editors of the new Gingko Press book Play! Indoor and Outdoor hand-selected 58 of the best projects for playing from around the world, ranging in program from day cares to schools to playgrounds. Here we feature five of our favorites from the book (and in an upcoming post we'll showcase another five as well).
@current / @total
- Our September 2011 issue is about to hit newsstands, but we're not finished celebrating play (the theme of our July/August 2011 issue).
- Design isn't just for adults anymore; the demand for innovative kids' spaces in on the rise. Erica Islas, founder of EMI Interior Design, has been busy creating nursery, kids, and play rooms.
- For a youthful perspective on design's playful potential, look no farther than this slideshow. These five rooms put the fun back in functional.
- There's nothing like a good read to escape the blustery blows of winter. This holiday season, here are three enticing graphic design titles from Viction:ary to get you through the cold.
- You heard us right: this week we're bringing you 31 of the best of Friday Finds, our editors' design, architecture, photography, and video discoveries that we've been collecting in a column for over…
- A baby's arrival is cause for celebration—and for many, it's also a time to confront limited living space.
- In this special five-part series, we're riding along with SWA Group landscape designer Amirah Shahid as she cycles nearly 800 miles from Beijing to Shanghai.
- Finding a balance between functionality and playfulness can be a challenge, but these innovative ideas can help create a home that is inspiring for children and adults alike.