Beer Craft: A Guide to Homebrew
William Bostwick and Jessi Rymill's new book Beer Craft: A Simple Guide to Making Great Beer is like Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything—just for homebrew hobbyists. In the book, the writer-designer duo outlines the basic steps of brewing then give you all the information you need to improvise and make each batch your own. Unlike the homebrew books that have come before, Beer Craft is designed for folks like Bostwick and Rymill: urban DIYers living in small, city apartments. "Most books are written for making five gallons at a time, which is a lot" Bostwick says. "Our book focuses on small, one-gallon batches you can easily make on your stove."
@current / @total
- In anticipation of the talk at Dwell on Design given by writer William Bostwick and designer Jessi Rymill of the excellent home brew/beer nerd book Beer Craft, we decided to give away a handful of…
- Must-visit places in Toronto's West Queen West, a neighborhood that's home to burgeoning design, culinary, and retail scenes.
- Thanks to the Vintage Bazaar, a pop-up market started by locals Katherine Raz and Libby Alexander, the Windy City is brimming with prime design finds.
- Any traveler who’s been drawn to the magical desolation and unique energy of Iceland and its people knows that finding interesting places to stay has been quite a challenge.
Wicker Park will play host for Chicago's 8th Annual Renegade Craft Fair on September 11th and 12th. Hundreds of today's indie craft talents will be setting up shop on Division Street between Damen and Paulina to show off their handmade goods, perform live demonstrations, and host crafting workshops. The event will also include live music, vegan- and vegetarian-friendly food, as well as Goose Island Beer.
- When you make a good meal, you want to share it (or at least keep the recipe on file for future dinner parties).
- Gallerist Martin Kudlek shows us that there’s more to Cologne than its cathedral.
- Wine labels have recently received acclaim for their more astute designs so its high time beer branders were awarded the same salute.