9 Amazing Modern Houses by Paul Archer
+ Read Article
We're big fans of British architect Paul Archer, so much so that we ran a story on the incredible Green Orchard house he designed for his parents in our June 2013 issue. Naturally we were thrilled when Paul Archer Design put out the book Old to New: Houses by Paul Archer Design by Archer and Phyllis Richardson this spring. Here's a look at some of his other work with particular attention paid to his conversions of old British building types into sleek modern homes.
Showing image @current of @total
- Green Orchard, the home Paul Archer designed for his parents outside Bristol, England, sows the seeds of an active retirement.
- Newly released by Harper Collins, Designs on Film: A Century of Hollywod Art Direction is a compendium of images celebrating iconic interiors and architecture.
- At the tail end of my Scottish excursion last month, I got a chance to visit London. It was my first time in the city and man was I floored.
- Fashion icon, branding expert, and all around English design maven Paul Smith is the subject of the new book Paul Smith A to Z, a collection of his musings on a vast array of topics.
- I am very excited to announce that Philip M.
- It comes at no surprise that some of the most famous architects' early commissions were for their parents. Who better to encourage their experimental ideas?
- Be it a perch for an alarm clock, reading lamp, or glass of water, the nightstand is a furniture staple in the bedroom. Here we show seven options.
- The Design Museum in London recently released its 90 nominations for the Designs of the Year across seven categories: architecture, digital, fashion, furniture, graphics, products, and…